Sunday, February 8, 2009

Moving Day....

Not Again.......

I am not sure that there is anything I hate more in life than packing up everything I own and moving to a new house. Unless, that is sitting in my car for 2 hours a day when I could be at home with my family.
As most of you know I have been working in Gig Harbor since July of last year. At first it was a temporary assignment, while a co-worker was on maternity leave. Well, in December the bank "asked" me to take the position on a permanent basis. I enjoy working in Gig Harbor so I decided to accept their "invitation" while they were still being polite about it.
So on Saturday the 21st, we will be packing everything up we own and moving to a new house in Gig Harbor. Last time we moved we received a lot of help and it went really smooth. I write this post as a public cry for help. If any of you have some time available to help on the morning of the 21st, please let Adrienne or I know. We hope to get started loading the truck by around 8:30ish. However, as we learned last time, we won't know exactly when the truck will be available until 6pm the night before. You have to love U-Haul.
***UPDATE***
We have a confirmation that the truck will be ready for pick up at 9:45am. So we will start loading around 10 am.
We hope that many hands will make it as easy and as quick as last time.
I promise all that show up some tasty Krispy Kremes and OJ.

7 comments:

Keri_B said...

Krispy Kremes?? That is seriously tempting...we will have to see what's going on that weekend.

Bobette said...

Oh man, good luck with the move. Since I don't know anything about WA, how long is your move distance wise? Congrats Joe!

Rachelle said...

I'm hopping on a plane right now and coming over...I miss krispy kremes!!!!
Hyrum and I love Gig Harbor and may end up there ourselves, that would be so fun to be neighbors again! Good luck with everything, I really wish we could be there to help out.

Anonymous said...

The only person who hates moving more than you is me. Good luck with everything! If I lived closer I'd definitely come help - Krispy Kremes are a great reward. Congrats on the new position!

Laura said...

Good luck with your move, I hope everything goes smoothly. I love to read your kid quotes on the side of your blog.

The Cox Family said...

Sounds like a fun move. Deven and I visited Gig Harbor when we were there in Washington we both loved the town. Good luck with the move Shirlyn

Anonymous said...

I'm Sorry I missed moving day. We don't have Krispy Kreme out here (the one franchise we had in town closed a week after we arrived), I would give my left arm for a Krispy Kreme.

Good luck in the new place you guys. I wish it was in Iowa! :)

Miss you!

Cory

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker