Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a weekend!


What a weekend! Friday night Ade and I went with Jeff and Val to Safeco to see the return of Jr to Seattle. I bought tickets in center field the day single game tickets went on sale. Then when the season started the Reds moved him to right field. Doh! We got there as the gates opened for batting practice, and Jr put on a show. The Kid launched ball after ball into the right field bleachers. Unfortunately, the M's forgot there was a major league baseball game to play and decided to use the Tacoma Rainier's pitching staff.


Saturday I went with Jeff, Val and Sarah and climbed up to Camp Muir at Mt. Rainier. It was truly an amazing site. I am so sunburned my eyelids hurt. I don't think I have done anything that physically demanding since high school.

Sunday Jr hit two home runs. Most beautiful swing I have ever seen. Fortunately, the M's decided to play instead of just watch and ended up winning the series with the Reds. The best news of the day was that Jr said in an FSN interview he wants to retire a Mariner. That would be sweet!

2 comments:

Keri_B said...

Glad you survived the climb!! The picture is awesome! You should try and climb R mountain here in Rexburg now.

Anonymous said...

R mountain has nothing on Mt Rainier! And to think you went back and did it again the following weekend - you guys rock!! Maybe I will have to try again in August or so. Just to be able to glissade again.

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker