

http://www.humboldthouse.com/We stayed at the Humboldt House in Victoria, BC. This is where we spent our Honeymoon many years ago. We were both excited to return. It is an old Victorian home that has been perfectly restored. There is the front parlour where you can find maps, magazines, goodies and a comfy place to plan your day. There is also a place where you sign up for your breakfast. They always have at least 4 choices and you pick the time. They deliver the breakfast in a basket in a cubby next to your room. We stayed in the Celebration Room. It's decor is remarkable and exactly how we remember it. Wood burning fireplace and a cute little breakfast nook to make your stay more comfortable. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a fun getaway. No TV, No, Internet, it is wonderful. It is also a short walk from all the sightseeing and shopping.

Victoria wharf.

The Parliament building.

Adrienne in front of The Empress Hotel.
I will write more about Butchart Gardens in another post. We walked around the city enjoyed the sunshine. We also went to dinner at this great restaurant called Nautical Nellies. We enjoyed coconut prawns (mmm my favorite) and incredible steak and veggies. We also found a Romano's Macaroni Grill, WA doesn't have one so I was happy. Then as we got off the ferry in Port Angeles I spotted the Bella Italia Restaurant. It is the site of Edward and Bella's first date. The scene where he rescues her and then she devours mushroom ravioli. Although we didn't eat the ravioli's we did find a new favorite drink. Blood Orange Sparkling Cider. It was fabulous.

We had such a fun weekend. It was nice to be a couple again. We adore our children and missed them too. However, we enjoyed going and doing whatever we wanted. We didn't have to pack a bag with snacks and diapers. We got to stay out late and catch a movie and sleep in. Everyone deserves a a few days like that. On a side note we asked the kids if they missed us and the older two said "no". I like to think that our little Anni missed us. She got so happy when we came home. She wouldn't take her eyes off of Joe. It was so funny. She is a daddy's girl too.

6 comments:
That looks like such a fun place. I'm glad that you had a great time. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs.
Congratulations again! What a nice trip you were able to take. You definitely deserved a nice, relaxing getaway!
Looks like fun! I love Victoria! I will be lucky if my husband takes me to Taco Time for our 10 year...he is so romantic. ha ha
Wow! Looks like you had so much fun..Congrats again on 10 years! :)
What a fun anniversary getaway. I am totally jealous, and in much need of a trip (away from the kids) right now. Victoria looks beautiful, I've never been there. And how fun that you got to see some Twilight spots, I also am a huge fan. Hope you had a great trip....
Looks like a beautiful place. Shirece served her mission there and she speaks highly of it. It is a place I want to visit one day. How fun to have a weekend just you and the hubby. Shirlyn
Post a Comment