I am a woman. I am a daughter of God. I am a mother. I am a wife. I see these words and feel empowered to know that I am a woman of God. I have a divine destiny as a daughter of the Almighty. I feel that my role as a woman is of the utmost importance. Womanhood is beautiful and essential to the creators plan. I know that my role, albeit different than a male, is equally important to that of my partner. My role and my husbands role are intertwined perfectly to complete each other. According to The Family, A Proclamation to the World, "The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is
essential to His eternal plan."
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, “First of all, I want you to be proud you
are a woman. I want you to feel the
reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of
heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in
your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make. . . .” (“To Young Women,” Ensign, November 2005, p. 28). The prophetic Family Proclamation states that, “Gender is an essential
characteristic of individual pre-mortal, mortal, and eternal identity and
purpose.”
The more I think of my role as a woman the more my testimony has deepened. I can attest that I know I am a daughter of God with the highest potential. I can be a stay at home mom, a working mom, and a wife. Our Lord leaves us to choose our path prayerfully. He gave us divine gifts to help us on our journey. I know that I am a nurturer and that is an honorable role. I feel sad when society views woman's choices as not being feminist enough when I am choosing for my self. I know my role is equally important to my husband. They are different but essential to each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment