Here is our little Princess!
Here are some Ultrasound Pictures of our little girl.
Those are her little feet.
Well, as some of you know we were sent to a Perinatalogist for Adrienne's ultrasound. Yes, I now know how to spell Perinatalogist. I still am not sure what they do. Apparently they are really good at reading ultrasounds. The doctors were worried due to some blood test results, so we were referred to the Perinatalogist. During the "special" ultrasound Ade announced before the doctor did that it was a girl. Of course in my head I was saying look again, one more try, come on. He then stopped to show us how he came to the conclusion and I conceded. After the 45 minute ultrasound that showed our little girl was developing perfectly, we were told that all the concern was due to a 3.8% chance that our little girl may have Down syndrome. With me as her father she has much bigger problems than a 3.8% chance of Down syndrome. The "genetic counselor" (that is not covered by any insurance) told us that we could go through a slew of tests to find out, including a amniocentesis. The "genetic counselor" told us that everything from the "special" ultrasound looked great. We were informed that even if she was positive for Down syndrome they wouldn't be able to do anything to help her. Since we plan on loving her and keeping her even if she isn't perfect we politely turned down any further testing and went to Red Robin to celebrate our new little princess.

7 comments:
Congrats!! Madi was right all along! So happy for you guys! Little girl dress stores better watch out!
Sarah is so excited - another GIRL cousin!! WHOO HOO!! Congratulations! If you name her Valerie, I will buy all her clothes for the first year.
Sweet!! Does the middle name count? That is a tempting offer!!! Anybody else want to up the offer?
I love the little feet picture! Yeah for another girl!! Kelsi is super excited and thinks that her name should be Kate Lynn Button. She is so wise. :) I won't be offended if you don't choose it, though.
I remember in college Adrienne said when she had a girl she wanted to name her Katchia, but I told her it sounded to much like Ketchup! Congrats on another girl, I am sure she will be as cute and Madi.
By the way...I still like the name Katja. Although, Joe doesn't like any of the names that I like. So I guess we will just call her princess!!! Who knows if we will ever agree on a name.
Congrats!! I'm excited for you guys....
Post a Comment