Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Old Fashioned Country Fair

Our ward(church) hosted a fun party last Saturday. It was an old fashioned country fair. We had homemade scones and root beer. Popcorn and games for all to enjoy. And they had a variety of talents that people were to share and display. Themes such as photography, quilts, sewing, cooking, painting, etc. I entered a baby blanket that I made for baby girl. It is a purple butterfly satin and white furry soft and crocheted edged baby blanket. I just learned this craft about 3 months ago. I was surprised to win the "blue ribbon" in that area. Joe did have the honor of being one of the judges but he said that he didn't vote for mine to be fair!!! Anyway, it was a fun project and a fun night. Good job Pioneer Valley ward.

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

Good to know there is another "blue ribbon champion" in the family. Of course, mine was when I was 8 years old...hehehe....gotta love the Thurston County Fair!

Keri_B said...

The talent is this family makes me so proud!! That blanket is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

bu-tee-ful! I hope someday you'll make me another one ~:)

Congrats!

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker