Monday, December 1, 2008

Many Thanks...

Papa, Annika, and our niece Ila Ann. We met with them for an appetizer before the festivities began.
Our nephew Joshua and Gavin.

Our niece Tara and Madi.

Papa holding our nephew Zachary and Joe holding Annika.


This year we spent Thanksgiving at the Sirrine's house. The VanderHoevens, Urvinas, and Densleys were there. Overall, I believe there was close to 30 people!! So the tradition is to list a few things that you are thankful for. I do hope that it doesn't get too long and mushy! I have much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the Sirrines inviting us over to a wonderful dinner. I love a full house and all the chaos of kids running around, football game in the background, and the rush of last minute touches.

I am thankful for a nice warm place to live and food on the table.

I am thankful for my job and my husband's job.

I am thankful for 3 very happy healthy and beautiful children (Well, most of the time anyway). I am also thankful for my extended family on both sides.

I am thankful for a husband who adores me and shows and tells me on a daily basis. I am thankful that he works so hard to support his family at work and home. I am thankful that he believes in Jesus Christ and shows compassion for everyone. I am thankful that he is an amazing daddy.

I am thankful to live in America. I am thankful for my freedoms. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, etc.

I am thankful for modern day appliances that make day to day life so much easier.

I am also very thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would definitely not be the person I am today without the wonderful example and knowledge of Jesus Christ. I am also thankful for the atonement and the knowledge that I can live with Him again and with my family.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy this wonderful month of December.

2 comments:

Keri_B said...

Lovely post! I am thankful for my wonderful sister-in-law...we wish we could see you guys more often. As far as I can hope, our days on this side of the mountains are numbered- my kids need their cousins close by!

The VanderHoevens said...

I am so glad you guys were there! I am so thankful for my big husge extended family!

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker