Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

The Saturday after Thanksgiving Joe and I had the day off from work. So we decided to put up our Christmas tree and decorations. We put some wassail on the stove, put in some Christmas music and got to work. With the help of Madi and Gavin it pretty much is a whole day activity. We realized that it may be easier to put the lights on as we put the tree together. In theory, this is a good idea until you realize you only have one string of lights. So Joe went to the store and bought 2 boxes of 100 lights. We barely got up to the second set of branches. Hmm, another store trip later and the 4th or 5th time of putting up the lights we finally were satisfied. There are more lights on the bottom but I couldn't get myself to take them all off again to make it even. After that it was dinner time and Joe and I were both tired enough to let Madi put all the ornaments on the tree. So all of our ornaments are her height level and down. It looks so good!!!! But the holidays are about the children anyway. So I will leave it that way for a while. She was so proud.
Ta Da! Our finished product.

7 comments:

Talisha said...

Your tree is beautiful! I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season.
Love Talisha

Keri_B said...

It looks beautiful. I think you need to find a tree at Fred Meyer after Christmas that already has the light on it though! It was so fun seeing you and Annika the other day...and the 2 seconds I saw Gavin. :)

Laura said...

It looks great! Our little Maddie is decorating and redecorating our tree everyday so we put the unbreakable ornaments on the bottom.

About Us said...

I love it - the tree looks great!

Laura said...

Hey Ade,
We have decided to no longer use our last name on our blog so could you change your link to our blog to say Bret & Laura family or something that doesn't have our last name. Thanks.

The VanderHoevens said...

I like trees that have personality way better than trees that are too perfect with all matching stuff and all in perfect places. Our kids did ours too, and there is some interesting placement - but I like it better that way.

The Cox Family said...

The tree looks great. I think decorating the tree is my favorite part of the holidays. Shirlyn

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker