Saturday, October 25, 2008

Annika's Surgery


Annika had tubes put in her little ears last Monday. I wanted to include a couple of pictures of the Seattle Children's Hospital. It is such a fun place for kids that are obviously there due to something that isn't very fun. They create an atmosphere that is so fun to eliminate any fear of coming to the hospital. It is truly amazing.
In the radiology waiting room they not only have the big flat screen with cartoons, but a Nintendo Gamecube where this Dad was playing MarioCart with his son. I don't remember video games at the hospital when I was growing up......
Our beautiful Annika in the waiting room.
They had the cutest little gown for her to put on. She was her usual happy self, despite the fact that she hadn't eaten in six hours. Her Daddy gets a little grumpy if he has to wait that long to eat. Trust me it isn't a pretty site.
When she got out of surgery she was a little disoriented upon awakening. She was ready for some food and cuddle time with Mom and Dad.
We haven't had any follow up appointments yet to see if the tubes have helped her hearing. The surgeon did say that some very thick fluid did come out during surgery. In my very biased opinion she seems to be more attentive and seems to get distracted much more easily. I am taking that to mean that she is hearing and rediscovering her little world.

4 comments:

Tevita and Jodi said...

Adrienne,
Every time I read your blog and see this beautiful little girl I just think you are so lucky to have her! She is so stinkin' cute! I hope the tubes work. Good luck!

The VanderHoevens said...

Unbelievable the difference for quality of life that such a simple surgery can do. We had fun with Gavin that day. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you took this important step and hopefully it helps her hear better. I believe it helped Mark hear more clearly, so I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers that it works for little Annika, too! What a sweet girl she is, and so beautiful!

Keri_B said...

I love how her whole face lights up when she smiles! Andrew says she is "so so so cute!" Can't wait to see you all again, hopefully soon.

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker