Saturday, October 25, 2008

Soccer Fun

Some of you may know that growing up I wasn't a huge soccer fan. It was widely considered a sport for girls among my friends and I. I do remember going to a few indoor soccer games in the Tacoma Dome, the Tacoma Stars and Preki seem to ring a bell? Spending a couple of years in Brazil changed that. Soccer is the only thing that matters in Brazil. People's lives are scheduled and cities literally shut down for a soccer match.
Anyways, we recently signed up Gavin and Madi in local soccer rec leagues. Gavin plays indoors with 3-4 year olds. They are pretty cute but anyone who has been to one of these games knows that it is a game of "follow the ball around the gym."
There's our little number 2!
The coach does a really good job of keeping these kids organized. Not a very easy task.
Madi plays outside. They are focusing on the fundamentals of soccer.


Soccer girls have always been cute, Madi is keeping that tradition alive!

2 comments:

Keri_B said...

Looks like they are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Did you really say it was a sport for girls? :) I grew up with Preki, Steve Zungul and the rest of the Tacoma Stars! What a great flashback.

We miss you guys, it looks like they are having a lot of fun.

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker