Friday, November 7, 2008

High School Tag!

1)Did you date someone from your school? Briefly, my boyfriend had actually graduated!
2)What kind of car did you drive? The first year I could drive I drove a Plymouth Colt hatchback - that my dad named "The wind-up". He thought it resembled those little toy cars that you had to wind-up to get them to move! My first accident was in that car about a week after I got my drivers license. My second car was a 1994 Ford Aspire, teal green. I named this one Paco.
3)What was your most embarrassing moment? Thinking back about this there were really too many. Here is one I can remember that isn't too bad to share. I was in math class as a freshman. The teacher was calling us back individually to talk with us, while the rest of us had quiet study time. He said my name I got up and my book was about to fall so I turned to slide it back on and then turned back around to go see the teacher. I turned a little to wide and ran smack into the metal file cabinet. It was SO LOUD. Every one turned and laughed. OY!! I just laughed it off and kept walking. I will never forget that one!!
4)Were you a party animal? Only with my close friends. I did get quite a few sugar highs but that was the extent!
5)Were you considered a flirt? No, I was a little shy in high school.
6)Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir? No, I was considered a hazard when it came to music.
7)Were you a NERD? Verdict is still out! J/K I wasn't a nerd but I definitely wasn't a part of the "IN" crowd.
8)Were you on any Varsity Teams? No, that would require me to be on a sports team.
9)Did you get suspended or expelled? No, shy remember! Plus my mom would have killed me.
10)Can you still sing the fight song? No, I barely could remember the words! My friend that I got this quiz from had it all written down. So here it is. “We are proud of our valley, its fields and meadows fair. We dwell in peace and plenty, contentment everywhere. There is one of these blessings from mem’ry ne’er depart. It is our dear old grand high school, the pride of every heart. GV High (GVHS), I love thee (I love thee). Thy name I hold in memory. GV High (GVHS), I love thee (I love thee). Let me live and die still true to thee.” I won't do the second verse. ;o)
11)Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Harwood he was a witty smart teacher. I loved how he constantly made fun of all of us for our bad grammar! Sanpete county, He got a lot of laughs. For me he was very effective. He was also over the yearbook committee and I really enjoyed my time there.
12)Where did you sit during lunch? I didn't go into the cafeteria often. I couldn't be seen eating! Hello this is HS. I always took my apple and plain wheat bagel and ate it in the halls. I sometimes met my mom at home for lunch when I was hungrier!!!
13)What was your school mascot? Bulldog. Go Blue!
14)Did you go to Homecoming? I think I did one year. I didn't date a lot in HS. Small towns are difficult to date people. I could remember what these boys did in Kindergarten. Like eat paste and stuff like that.
15)If you could go back would you? No, I would never want to relive it. I am pretty satisfied with what I did and who I was. Those are difficult years. I did the best I could.
16)What do you remember most about graduation? I remember it was in our school gym. I sat by my good friend Stephanie Finlayson and talked through most of it. Checked out a guy in the back of the room I had a crush on. (Rochelle Pet.'s cousin) Oh yeah, and my brother-in-law Rick yelled out "Yo Adrienne" when I got my diploma!! Classic!
17)Where did you go for your Senior trip? I didn’t. I bought a ticket to go back to Finland and Sweden. Then a day before I was supposed to leave my father passed away! I wish I would've gone to CA with everyone else. In hindsight!!!
18)Were you in any clubs? Student Body Secretary, FHA, Yearbook, that is what I can remember.
19)Have you gained weight since High School? Yes. 3 kids later. I am working on it. I was fit in HS.
20)Who was your prom date? Gregor Biet, an exchange student from Germany. I actually stayed in touch with him for quite a few years after.
21)Did you go to your 10-year class reunion? No. I would like to go to the 15 year though. I did check out the class reunion website.
22)Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Life is beautiful and HS is only 4 years. Don't sweat the small stuff! I hear people say HS is the best four years of your life. I disagree. I say it is just a stepping stone to many more wonderful years ahead.
23) What year did you graduate? 1996

I am tagging everyone that reads this. It was fun to reflect.

3 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Fun to read your HS memories. I agree life is so much better after HS. Shirlyn

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you did this! It was pretty fun to look back. I remember your "Wind-up" car and the Ford. I also remember you saying, "First gear is not my friend," when we were learning to drive!

Laura said...

That was fun to read about your HS days. I had fun in HS but I agree, marriage and kids is much better :). I was just reading your "from the mouth of babes" very funny. I might have to steal that idea for my blog.

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker