It is no secret that Gavin doesn't like our new house. He has told us on more than one occasion he likes our old house better. So he goes around saying things like, "At my house we get to..." or "My house is close by". We don't indulge it by any means and try and tell him we live here now and this is our house. Well lately I guess he felt the need to trade up some more. He is constantly saying "My other mom says we have money to buy the transformer" and "My other mom at my house..." I know having an imaginary friend is considered somewhat normal but what about a whole new imaginary life? He told Joe that his other mom will let him come to his house. What!!! I had to ask Joe if he had a girlfriend somewhere! J/K but seriously that kid!

9 comments:
So correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my daughter is pretty close to Gavin's age (almost 4) and she totally has an imaginary friend. She talks to her like everyday lately. So this was cute to read about Gavin's imaginary life.
Just an FYI, Gavin has added a brother. He did say that there is room for me at his house. So gracious.
That story is so cute! Instead of imaginary friends Max used to pretend he was playing with cartoon characters, like Charlie $ Lola, Max & Ruby etc.
I am always amazed by their imaginations. I say roll with it and make sure you write down the best stuff. My mom still tells me of crazy things I said and did. It is fun to hear. Shirlyn
Your kids are so cute! Looks like they had a lot of fun! Miss ya tons!
I have the cutest nieces and nephews. Gavin is so funny and has an amazingly creative personality. I think that it's great you are making a record of what your children say. They will get a good laugh when they grow up.
Too cute! He's very imaginative. At least it sounds like he entertains himself easily. :o) He'll look back someday and have a great laugh at the cute things he did.
Funny kid! And he has a brother now, huh? I keep waiting for Andrew to ask when he gets a brother. I will tell him to make one up like Gavin!
I love Gavin! I don't think it's such a bad thing, you can use it to your advantage. Hide his Christmas presents, and tell him that they're at his other house, with his other mom! J/K I still think it's funny though, sorry Ade!
Love, Tanae
Post a Comment