A friend in the ward has planned a Field Trip Friday group. She has planned fun things to do with your kids still at home activities. Yesterday was the beginning. We met at the park and ride, then rode the bus to the Puyallup Fair. It was free to get in between 10Am and 12PM yesterday. It was a fun and eventful day. I just had Gavin and Annika and I though it would be a snap. We were fine as long as we kept moving and had fun things to see.


We got to see the cows & sheep, and that seems about all that we were able to accomplish. Gavin wasn't so patient with all the other children there and the waiting for the other people in the group kind of thing. We stopped and had a picnic lunch on a little patch of grass. He finished and I was feeding Annika. He played with some other kids and then all of a sudden just bolted into the crowd of people. I put Annika down and booked it after him. I couldn't see him and just ran in the direction of where he ran. SO SCARY! I practically hurtled over a bench and finally I saw him. Needless to say we left right after that episode. He then asked me if it was funny! Hmm....NO, it was not funny! What a kid. I won't be doing something like that alone again. I am just glad that I was with friends and knew that little Annika would be safe back on the grass with them. What am I going to do with that kid. He has no fear.


2 comments:
Oh man - I totally understand - I recently had an IKEA incident that would keep me from taking Ben anywhere he is not strapped tight into a stroller! It is terrifying!!!
That was so scary! When my girls were his age, we had various harness/leash things, or one was a stretchy cord that velcroed to our wrists. I was lucky that they never fought me about it, but they saved my sanity. Except for when they would dart off and catch some unsuspecting person in the leash between the two of us. That was embarassing. But, I'd rather be embarassed than terrified! ;)
Post a Comment