Thursday, October 2, 2008

Seattle Children's Hospital

Today we had the pleasure of waking up at 5:30am in order to get to Annika's appointment at Seattle Children's Hospital. Annika has yet to pass a hearing test so we have been slowly referred up the chain until we got to Seattle Children's. I won't get into all the fun in trying to wake up and dress a 3 and 6 year old at that early hour. Not to mention the two adults...
When we got there is was very clear that the doctors at Seattle Children's had the equipment and experience to be able to diagnose and treat Annika. I have always heard that it was a world class facility, and after being there I believe it. It was comforting to say the least. All the other doctors collected their fee and referred us on with out much attempt to try and help Annika. This morning it was worth all the hassles. The doctors recommended that Annika get tubes to release the fluid that has built up behind her eardrum. Something our local ENT doctor said he wouldn't be able to perform due to Annika's small ear canals. They hope that once the fluid is gone her little ears will be free to function properly.
So in a couple of weeks we will go up to the Hospital to have the procedure done. The doctor said it will probably take 2-5 minutes. We hope this helps our little angel hear so she can learn to communicate as well as possible in the coming years.
I figured I would throw on the post a couple of pictures from dinner tonight with Annika...


She is so adorable........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the red hair! I hope all goes well with the surgery. Lily has had 3 sets of tubes already!

M.Howerton said...

She is SOOOO Adorable! Love the smile! and irresistible with all the food on her face!! Too Cute!

Good luck with your upcoming procedure, we will be praying for you and the best possible outcome!

Bobette said...

You guys will be in our prayers. She's such a cutie, I hope it goes well. It sounds like she got some great doctors to care for her.

Keri_B said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute!! I can't wait to see her next weekend and we are so glad to hear that someone can finally help her little ears!

Rachel said...

She is pretty cute! And looks pretty happy! Imagine how happy she'll be when she can hear your voice so clearly!!!

The VanderHoevens said...

Nice to see they are finally sending you someplace where they will take things seriously so she can be on the road to hearing everything she should be. I love those pictures. I always love pictures of kids eating! She makes me want to give her a big kiss! - Valerie

Anonymous said...

Having tubes put in place is a great idea. I sure hope everything turns out okay for little Annika. Hopefully now she'll be able to hear and be able to progress. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Adrienne,
Can I just say how blessed you are to have this adorable little person in your life! As I was listening to Conference today I thought about you and your little Annika...she is so special and you are lucky to have her! Good luck with everything, we'll keep you guys in our prayers!

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker