Thursday, September 4, 2008

Seahawks and lemonade!!


Madi has been begging for months now to have her own little lemonade stand. She wanted a sign and the whole bit! Well, I kept delaying the process because well I just didn't want to do it. So, Madi being Miss Independent went and picked wild blackberries with her friend Meghan. I think they ended up with about 12. They smashed them with a spoon and added water. Then they made a sign. "We are Seahawks Fans. Blackberry Juice $1.00". Ok, I thought we don't get to much traffic on this road no worries for them to be selling their blackberry concoction, right! Wrong! Not too much later we heard them screaming, we have a customer. Completely embarrassed, Joe made up some Kool Aid and sent them outside with some of our cups. Not plastic cups we didn't have any!! Her customers were some neighbors that were moving in that day! So they gave the girls some of their plastic cups and paid $1.00 for a cup of Kool Aid. They ended up making $5.00 between the two of them. Then they divided it, one for me one for you one for me one for you, hmm...we have an extra. Let's give it to Daddy! So, Joe made a dollar. Way to go Sweetie! I love the ingenuity of a 6 year old.

1 comment:

M.Howerton said...

Way to Go Madi! Alyssa said she wishes she was there - she would've totally helped. Then she looked at me and asked if we could make a lemonade stand....

In the beginning...

In the beginning...
April 23, 1999

Joe and Adrienne

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker